[holo_row boxed=”undefined” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”20″ padding_top=”” padding_bottom=”” border_top=”1″ border_bottom=”1″ border_left=”1″ border_right=”1″][holo_column size=”col-sm-12″][holo_text margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”20″ unique_id=”holo_text-8976″]
Help protect your home from break-ins with HOME SECURITY TIPS from
¡PERFECT Alarm! S.L.
No. 1: Don’t Advertise You’re Away
The first thing a burglar looks for when choosing a house for a break-in is one with no one in it. If you make your house look occupied when you’re gone, most burglars will simply pass it by.
• Use automatic light timers throughout the house
• The same kind of timers you use on lights can also be used to turn radios or TVs on and off
• Turn the volume of your phone’s ringer down so someone outside can’t hear them ring
• Ask a neighbor to use your trash can from time to time and to put it out at the curb and bring it back on trash day.
• Instead of stopping your mail and newspaper delivery, ask a neighbour to pick them up and hold them for you. Seeing deliveries being made makes a burglar think someone is at home.