[holo_row boxed=”undefined” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”20″ padding_top=”” padding_bottom=”” border_top=”1″ border_bottom=”1″ border_left=”1″ border_right=”1″][holo_column size=”col-sm-12″][holo_text margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”20″ unique_id=”holo_text-1635″]
“Spring cleaning” isn´t limited to your closet! Celebrate the spring equinox (the first official day of spring) by clearing out what isn´t serving you in your life anymore and make room for what does!
Sun salutations are a great way to de-clutter this spring, since they allow you to take in “prana” (life force) and exhale “apana” (that which is no longer needed).
Practice: flow through the sequence twice, holding the postures longer the first round and for 1 breath the second round.
- Stand at the top of your mat, feet hip distance, palms together in front of the heart. Inhale taking the arms up high above the head, palms touching.
- Exhale fold forward.
- Inhale placing the hands on the knees and lengthening the spine parallel to the floor.
- Exhale and step the legs far back on your mat, put the knees down and lower your body all the way down to the floor (elbows close to the body).
- Inhale lift up the chest in small cobra.
- Exhale come back on the knees and push into downward facing dog.
- Inhale step the legs forward
- Exhale relaxing the head and neck.
- Inhale rise all the way up to standing, arms high above the head, palms touch.
- Exhale bringing the palms to the heart.
Inez Leniere – CómpetaYoga. www.competayoga.com